- Talking book production:
Saksham is aimed at producing talking books in accessible formats in all subjects, including mathematics and science. In 4 years we have produced approximately more than 500 titles in Punjabi, Hindi and English medium for classes 9th to 12th of Punjab State Education Board. WE are also producing books for graduation and post-graduation courses of different universities such as Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar; Punjabi University, Patiala and Punjab University, Chandigarh. Very soon We have also started full text, full audio production which is an ideal form of talking book for any person with print disability.
- Basic computer education:
Saksham is also providing basic computer training to the visually challenged persons. In this training We try to cover basics of operating system (OS), MS Office, internet and e-mail, screen reader; and other useful applications which would greatly facilitate the visually challenged persons. After doing this course the student becomes independent in terms of reading and writing. The duration of the course is 5 months and it has been provided free of cost to the students. During the training We also try to provide mini computers or net books to the students at much subsidised rates. Our objective is that after the training, he or she possesses his or her personal computer for continuous practice and ultimately achieve self-empowerment. Till today we have trained more than 40 students in computer literacy.
- Providing aids and appliances:
It is believed that no one is disabled, but only the methods to accomplish their goals are different. As a result of this We try to provide them with articles of daily use like talking watches, talking thermometers, talking calculators, level indicators; playing cards and chess boards for their entertainment etc. at no profit and no loss.
- We also try to provide career guidance and counselling.
- We also try to promote integration of the student. Whenever We find suitable students WE try to put them into regular schools so that they can be integrated with the rest of the society. One of such examples is that of Dhruv Kumar, who has been admitted in a reputed public school M.G.N., Jalandhar, earlier he was studying in a special school.
- We keep an eager eye on the job opportunities according to the qualification and suitability of the candidates.